Friday, October 19, 2012

Legs and minor return of strength

Yesterday I mentioned my legs felt better.  At the same time I noticed that there was a bit less shakiness in them. It has been easier to kneel down and get back up.  This being true, I wondered what the old push-up test would suggest.  The last few times I have made attempts, I have only been able to do one or two, and those have been iffy.  Yesterday, I could do ten.  They were not the best because my right arm is still a bit funky, but I managed to do them and generally felt OK during them.   It is interesting how the return of strength relates to cycles of diminished pain, particularly in my legs.   By the way, ten yesterday is all I am interested in now.  Maybe in a week or so I will try again.  But even if I do not, I can tell when my legs get stronger or weaker what part of the cycle I am in.   I sometimes wonder if anyone seeing me out around town wonders why some days it appears I can barely walk, and other days I am walking fairly normally.  This is truly an odd disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment