Monday, February 25, 2013

Physical Therapy is working- Shoulder is "thawing out"

Well, with the help of physical therapy three times a week and stretching on my own in between appointments, I am slowly getting range of motion back to my right arm. I am sure the orthopedic doctor who gave me the shot of cortisone will be disappointed at that- assuming I do go back to see him.  What I have found is that the muscles of my shoulder had allowed it to get into a position that stopped it from moving to normal range of motion.  With concentrated effort to move my shoulder prior to stretching, I was able to get it past the previously frozen limits to some extent.  And my Physical Therapist has been getting it to go even further in the manual stretching portion of the treatments.   It is slow progress, but it is working out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment