Monday, February 22, 2016

Avoid long term magnesium use- Push-ups now up to 40?

For those interested in my magnesium use, it would probably be best to warn you to keep it at a minimum, ongoing, or stop it all together as soon as you can do so.

In fact, I had stopped my magnesium supplements from time to time, only to restart when I felt suddenly worse overall. Now, I have no plans to ever use it again.

My primary doctor agrees that anyone with a neuromuscular disorder should limit use of magnesium or any other long term muscle relaxer. There is, as it turns out, a possible long term use detriment.

My own update as far as strength is this: Last night, and again earlier today, I did 40 pushups.

Yep. That is still a bit hard for me to believe, since at the height of my magnesium use, I almost never did more than 5 at any one time, and 5 was a hard stretch.  
 
Now, the 40th one is a hard stretch. But it is 40!!!! When did I ever do 40 push-ups in my life? Never, that I can remember. So much for my friends suggesting that I was unable to do push-ups because “We are just getting too old. Face it”.


No comments:

Post a Comment