Saturday, February 19, 2011

More Social Security Disability stuff- I am approved

Now I know it can be done on a more personal level. When I had my phone interview at the time I applied, the caseworker asked me if I would like to set up auto-deposit for when and if I was approved. He suggested that it might be a quicker way to find out my approval status than waiting for the letter in the mail. Well, it was true that it was faster. I assumed my bank must have made a mistake until I looked up the transaction and discovered it was a direct deposit from the Social Security.

What I suggested a ways back is true. As it turned out, I have more than one thing going on that has impacted more than one limb. But the important thing is that what I have limits my ability to have a sustainable gainful employment. What I also want to say relates to attorney input, or even to those folks out there who help you in the application process. I would suggest it is worthwhile to attempt to do this on your own. I am not sure I see any way that anyone could have helped me do this any easier than it turned out, and I had a case that spanned more than 10 years with two workman’s comp cases thrown into the mix.

It takes a bit of organization, and it takes good record keeping all along the journey your illness or injury may take you. Keep copies of all your doctor records along with dates and who did what, when. Keep all reports. Turn it all in when you apply. Be truthful and complete in all answers. Be patient. I made my claim on July 10, 2010. I had my Social Security doctor exam on 12/2/2010. Money went into my bank account on 02/17/2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment