Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Short update

I had planned to see my own regular doctor yesterday just to get him into the loop with my NA. I had not gone into anything with him before this since it was a workman’s compensation case, and I was still seeing doctors through them. But, I had not had a regular workers comp visit for over a year, and they had pronounced me stable, needing no future medical care (like they know) and all that other mumbo- jumbo that makes more sense to them than anyone else, so I thought I was in the clear to see someone else and get another opinion. Evidently, since the comp case is still open- whether I am seeing anyone now or not- my regular doctor cannot bill any services on anything that workers comp is still looking into. Until the claim is closed, I am in limbo about asking for any other guidance about it. I have waited this long: I can wait longer.

I hope that does not preclude me from trying to find out what caused this in other ways.

In my ongoing strength/weakness test of pushups, today I can do five, barely. And now I am shaking just typing this. It varies a bit day to day, but overall, the weakness is persisting.

1 comment:

  1. I sure know what you mean about limbo. Young son of mine, 17yrs and 9m. is still seeing pediatrian. Have to go in today b/c spleen is enlarged and causing discomfort. On july 6 he is changing to internal medicine primary care. Things are so uncoordinated with health care system. Seems no matter how much easier I try to make it for the dr. on sons case, they still don't know what is going on, ie tests and reports. Oh well, just have to keep checking them while they check my son. I know most drs. don't like me, been red rubber stamped, but I still have a responsibility to son and myself to understand and try not to miss anything. I ask a lot of questions, I expect drs to know what is going on when we come to appt. Most of the time, son is frustrated b/c drs ask same questions and act like they haven't read one report. I keep on trying.

    ReplyDelete