Thursday, November 5, 2009

Push-ups near topping out at 14

I thought it might be time for a push-up update. I am now up to 14, but I think it might be near a topping off for now anyway. I know I can do more- as I have stated elsewhere I can do 25 twice in a day under the right circumstance. It just feels like my strength does not want to increase like that again. Of course, being able to do 25 twice in a day seemed like it might be a fluke at the time, and it turned out to really be a fluke.

What happens now as I try to push towards 14 is that the rest of my body starts to protest. Everything else starts to shake under the stress starting on number 10 or so, and it is all I can do to keep going. It is hard to think I can get higher than 14 unless the rest of my strength can improve a bit, and I am not sure it will yet.

Other strength issues have surfaced since I switched to heavier bedding for winter. It usually has taken only a day or so to adjust to the heavier blankets at this time of year even since the 2006 attack. This time though, it continues to be a struggle to turn over a couple of weeks after the switch. Something may eventually have to give here. Either I will live with it, or have to go to different blankets. Or, I guess my strength may still recover a bit. I still hope for that, and I try to work towards it, but at this point I have to say I wonder how much I will get back when it still feels like certain muscles are getting weaker instead of recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment