Thursday, February 4, 2010

Link to Glaucoma found?

Well, this is not a direct link from HNA/NA to glaucoma, but there does seem to be at least an indirect link between low magnesium and glaucoma. If one aspect of low magnesium leads to blocking of glutamate receptors, which are excitatory neurotransmitters of the central nervous system. It appears that this can be linked to many diseases. The list includes ALS, Huntington’s, MS, Parkinson’s and others. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamate_receptor)

On the list is glaucoma, a disease I know I now have, and those others I could have but would rather think I do not. I used to think it was a coincidence that I was diagnosed with glaucoma at around the same time my muscles got so weak. I thought it was from HNA/NA- but now I think this is also from low magnesium- or whatever caused that.

No comments:

Post a Comment