Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Parsonage Turner Weakness-Strength update

Just a quick update about exercises I have been doing-

The last few days of pushups, I have felt almost like I could go beyond 25. Today, I acted on that and pushed it to 30. I have got to think that I have never done 30 at one time before in my life. I know I had only rarely done 25 even in my earlier years(upper body strength has never been easy for me). And, if anyone is concerned I am only doing pushups I am back to 20 sit-ups and walking or doing stationary bike stuff and other daily exercises for other areas.

Prior to magnesium being added to my daily vitamins I had stamina issues walking around the block or biking, and I could do only 8 sit-ups (shaky ones at that). And 20 minutes or so after trying those 8 sit-ups, I could not do even one more. The first time I tried to do sit-ups after adding magnesium, I did 20 and could do 10 more after resting a few minutes. I tell you, this stuff is helping me get back into the shape I need to be in to get my NA ravaged shoulders stabilized.

We know that NA/HNA does cause some weakness, and that this can linger for a couple of years at least. In my case it lingered for around 4 years before I realized I was losing too much muscle mass. There may be things going on here that I do not know about, but I have become a fan of this one supplement. I take a few daily supplements, but magnesium is the only one that I can tell a difference in how I feel if I miss a dose. I would suggest if anyone has more weakness than they think can be attributed to NA/HNA, to try a good magnesium supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment