Friday, July 16, 2010

Magnesium deprivation experiment

Since my strength has dropped off again to similar levels as a few years ago when I could only do a few pushups at a time, I decided to stop the magnesium supplements just to see what impact if any, it is really having on my overall condition.

This is the start of the second day without the supplements. I really do feel a difference at least as far as tremor goes. I notice it in both arms and both hands, although the left side seems to manifest this a bit more than in the right side. I feel as if the base level of static tension has increased in both arms. Movement in general is impacted. Although I am not sure anyone else can see this yet, I feel a bit more wobbly even walking. I have not noticed any increase in the random twitches I had earlier on. The muscle shaking of before has also returned, but that had started when my strength dropped off- I had noticed this when trying to do pushups recently.

Conclusions so far- My strength return of before must not really have had anything to do with magnesium since it dropped off prior to my stopping the magnesium. It must have just been a coincidence that my strength returned at a time I had started taking the supplement. Tremor definitely is related to magnesium intake for me since this has increased noticeably. It is too soon to say how the twitches will be impacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment