Friday, July 16, 2010

Parsonage Turner Syndrome Revealing Lyme disease

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread72131.html

Maybe my friend who suggested I should be tested for Lyme disease knows more than I thought she did about this topic.

The above link is one of many links to a paper (Wendling D, Sevrin P, Bouchaud-Chabot A, Chabroux A, Toussirot E, Bardin T, Michel F. -Service de Rhumatologie, CHU Jean Minjoz, et EA 3186 -Agents Pathogènes et Inflammation- Université de Franche-Comté, Boulevard Fleming, 25030 Besançon, France) suggesting that NA, AKA, Parsonage Turner Syndrome, has been linked to Lyme disease. The abstract suggests that four patients, who were reported to have NA, were later found to have contracted Lyme disease. One had said they knew they had been bitten by a tick, and all four showed positive for Lyme disease. It concludes that tests for Lyme disease should be performed in all patients who have Parsonage Turner Syndrome.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen a Lyme doc yet? I was just diagnosed with PTS. My daughter has symptoms that have made me wonder about lyme and now I wonder about myself too.

    ReplyDelete