Monday, July 19, 2010

Updated Magnesium withdrawal update

First, I had noticed a bit of tension in my arms and shoulders, which seemed to add to my jittery nature a bit. Then I realized my temper had shorthand down a bit. I should warn those around me prior to experimentation with changing magnesium dosage or stopping it completely. Then it was shortness of breath.

Breathing is important after all, and if you already suffer from NA, you are sensitive (or I am anyway) to any breathing changes. Why? If you do not already know, NA can impact the cervical plexus in some instances. The cervical plexus is the place where the phrenic nerves originate and then travel down to the diaphragm. If your phrenic nerves are involved in a NA attack, you can have loss of some diaphragm function. Now, it could be that I already have some losses, and taking the magnesium away just made my function worse than normal. Or it could be a coincidence that for the few days I was off magnesium, I had shortness of breath to the point it disrupted my sleep. The more this goes on, the less I believe in coincidences.

So, I started the magnesium again, and my breathing was back to normal. Well, I still had to take a pronounced deep breath once in a while, but with the magnesium, I could do this. Without it, I was gasping at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment