Thursday, March 10, 2011

This is NOT Turner Syndrome

Sometimes I look at reports to see just what people are searching for when they pop into my blog. It is interesting to see that I am not alone in some of the things happening to me, at least judged by the searching terms used to get here. One thing I should mention from time to time is that Parsonage Turner Syndrome is NOT the same thing as Turner Syndrome. If you are here looking for experiences that relate to Turner Syndrome, nothing I have said is related to you. This is one reason I usually refer to what I have as Neuralgic Amyotrophy. That way, no one gets the wrong idea by only remembering a part of the name, or only one of the two doctors associated with it. Doctors Parsonage and Turner were the first to describe this syndrome, and that is the reason those names are associated with it. Turner Syndrome is a totally different thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment