Thursday, August 13, 2009

Charcot-Marie-Tooth_disease -And early onset Glaucoma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcot-Marie-Tooth_disease

I am making a quick post for this. Some symptoms are similar to HNA/NA, others not. But, there is one "phenotype" of CMT I see that does cause early onset glaucoma. One thing though- the weakness pattern is similar to HNA, but I have not seen any entry for CMT that talks about winging scapulas, of anterior interosseous nerve problems I have had. My guess about glaucoma and HNA, if it is related to HNA at all, no one has taken the time to check into it yet.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link to more information about the genetics of Early Onset Glaucoma that was prepared by our genetic counselor and which has links to some useful resource for those dealing with this condition: http://www.accessdna.com/condition/Early_Onset_Glaucoma/126. There is also a number listed for anyone who wants to speak to a genetic counselor by phone. I hope it helps. Thanks, AccessDNA

    ReplyDelete