Thursday, August 20, 2009

Still no change- maybe that is a good thing

At this point, I guess I have resigned myself to the fact that my shoulder strength may not ever return. At three years into my last major attack, I would have thought there would be at least some return, or a small incremental improvement that I would be able to pin a bit of hope on. Nope; nothing is happening. I have pretty much leveled out to being able to do only three push-ups, and they are a struggle. From the first one my arms are shaking so much I doubt I will be able to continue. At the second one I think, maybe I can get up to five this time. At the end of the third one, I know that is all I will be able to do.

And what about that flare-up I mentioned a while ago? Well, so far, I have not noticed any further losses related to it. But, it really has not been very long at that. I hope maybe I stopped the progression of damage with the prednisone. Everything in my neck and jaw has quite returned to normal by the way. My jaw muscles were sore for a few days and very stiff on the right side when I opened my mouth. But all is normal now. I can chew on that side without any discomfort. There is no lingering tenderness in the neck just below the jaw.

Now I just wait again until something else happens. I check my strength every few days. I can tell by my shaky arms and hands that nothing is improving. I just have to hope that it does not get any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment