Monday, August 3, 2009

You might wonder, and maybe I do at times also- why I do this. Well, one of the first things I realized after I started to get an idea of what I had going on, was that there did not seem to be a lot of good information out there, and there were not any places that told about NA or Parsonage Turner Syndrome from the point of view of the patient. In other words, once I left the doctor’s office, I felt totally alone.

As it turns out, there is a wealth of information, although some of it is not complete, and other parts are a bit misleading. And, even though I felt alone, I knew there had to be others out there- as rare as this is.

This blog lists some of the better sites I have run across as far as descriptions of what to expect in NA or HNA. It also talks about what I have found in my progress or lack there-of, over the years since this started for me. Through it, I have met a few people who also have this affliction in their lives.

You are not alone.

I have links to these sites also. Through them you may be able to contact others who have PTS. Since PTS seems to have an official cause of being an auto immune caused disease, these links go to sites for all autoimmune diseases. There are forums available on these two sites, and there are PTS threads. Or, feel free to start your own. Here are the links again:

The Autoimmunity Community
http://autoimmunitycommunity.org/phpBB/

American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association
http://www.aarda.org/forum2/

No comments:

Post a Comment