Friday, August 7, 2009

Possible flare-up

One thing I have noticed since all of this started is that I am very sensitive to any little pain that may pop up, and I worry that it may be the harbinger of further losses in my near future. Here is an example.

For the last couple of days, I have had my usual headaches on my left side, but I have noticed that I seem to wake up in the morning with the headache already going strong. On occasion I have also had some pain travel across to the right side, and sometimes it seems it has been centered in the area of my right jaw. I had begun to wonder if it was related to my teeth, but it seems to move around and be more associated with the muscles of my jaw. About then I notice that my neck on the right also feels quite sore and tender, and my upper shoulder is also beginning to hurt. I think here we go again- what am I going to lose out of this round?

You do not really think much about how simple a thing it is to be able to hold your head up, and turn it from one side to the other until that attempted movement causes you pain- whatever this is caused by. Ibuprofen does not help, and it is the strongest thing I have at my disposal at this point. Then I remembered I still had some prednisone, so I tried that. Prednisone had been prescribed for me to use in the event that I felt an “attack” coming on. The thought is that it might help mitigate the losses by knocking back some of the inflammation of the nerves. Whatever this is, it seems to have helped. Now, I just have to hope that I caught it before much additional damage happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment