Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My right hand. . . Now what?

It has been a while since I have written anything that actually was about NA, the subject of the blog. As it turns out, I have been preoccupied by other matters.

Remember that my right hand had been the site of my original attack of NA? Today, when I woke up, I began to notice that my right thumb and index fingers were tingling a bit. This increased through the day, and has been going on for around eight hours now. It increases when I stretch my arm out away from me. This is from the lower part of my hand, radiating out through all but the little finger. It has now been just under ten years since my first incident with my thumb and index fingers of my right hand. And my hand has been pretty much a quiet and a non issue for at least 5-6 years.

What does this mean? Hey, even though I got lucky with the diagnosis for my shoulder, I have no clue about this. Doctors I have seen pretty much implied that any tingling like this would happen only early on in the injury, and then it would eventually stop. And, they did not seem to be suggesting that the tingling was a good thing. What do I know? Not much. All I know is that the last time I felt this much activity in my hand was right before I became able to move my index finger again. And one more thing; I have routinely stretched my right arm out in the way I am now doing that cases the tingling to increase, and there was nothing. Tomorrow, maybe there will be nothing again. But for now, I know something is going on that has not happened for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment