Monday, January 4, 2010

From pushups to tingles. . .

Well, if you are following this in any way, I had worked my pushup count back up to 20 very slowly, sort of taking my neurologist’s suggestion to exercise but do not overdo it. It still kills me that they think I am weak from not trying to exercise. Anyway, I had gotten to 20 about the time I had seen him last time- whey he told me I should be trying to exercise. A day or so later, I tried and could only do 15. I think those who have been here may already know where I am going. A few days later I tried, and could do 8 or so. Today, I could barely do 5. There you have my attempt at exercising slowly to build up my muscle mass. Yep. Right.

So, the tingles of last week are gone too. They only lasted that one day, and however active that was it turned out to be just a fluke in the overall scheme of things. Or at least, if it did mean anything, what it meant has not become clear yet. I have no improvement of movement or strength. And, I have no decrease of movement.

It goes on. If I can get my last couple of months of insurance straightened out by tomorrow, I have another appointment with my regular doctor to discuss the findings of the Neurologist. The end of next month, this insurance goes away, and I will have to figure out a new way to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment