Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am done

At least, as far as my personal Doctor goes, I have had it. He has shown before that he is not quite up on NA, and evidently he is not able to get into it enough to deal with a patient who has it. My problems are all due to lack of exercise. . .

But of course it is never as simple as that. My lack of exercise, even though I have exercised consistently all through this time, is the reason I am weak. And my exercising is the reason I am weak. There is no residual weakness from the NA because of course as we all know, everyone recovers from it within a few years, and I am no exception. The EMG tests I just had prove that. I have had a complete recovery. These guys have been doing these tests for a long time, and they know how to read the results. OK then. But, as I pointed out, I had my last EMG test right after the winging started in my scapula, and that guy also concluded that I had no nerve related trouble. What? No answer for that one Dr know-it-all?

And what about the other symptoms I have brought up to you recently that may not be related to NA? They were conveniently forgotten since the Neurologist found no reason for them. So, I guess I made all of that up. And if I made that up, I must have made the rest of it up too, so we will just not talk about that. Oh, and by the way, I have to scoot.

No. Not me, the Doctor. HE had to scoot. My appointment was for 11:30 am. I was in the exam room by 12:20. I had my vitals taken by 12:35. I think he came in at 12:40 or maybe a few minutes later. I was in my car and pulling out of the lot by 1:00. HE had to scoot. Where was my appointment? Oh, I guess I was waiting all through it, and beyond. No wonder he had no time to talk to me.

Sure, he was running behind. I am happy that by cutting my visit so short, I helped get him back on schedule. I do know one thing. The person he had to scoot to wasn’t in the waiting room yet when I got the call to go back to my exam room. It is nice to be taken so seriously by the person you have entrusted your life to.

So, as I said. . . I am done. No one will take me seriously. No one gets NA, or HNA. And I guess aside from the essential tremor that he actually did see, I must only think I have the rest of it. There is no reason for the rest of it though. So, I must be making it up about my eyes and the other weakness being anything to be concerned about. You see, it just does not feel right for me to be this way. Maybe it is just not far enough evolved yet to be on their radar. They did not see the essential tremor when I first felt it. Maybe this is like that, and eventually it will be enough that any idiot doctor can tell something is not right. Or maybe I am lazy.

All I know is that I am done doing this blog for now. I have nothing new to share on anything that is pertinent to anyone with NA. And my complaining about doctors is not productive for you or for me either.

Say hello once in a while. I am still here, just taking a break from writing for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment