Saturday, September 26, 2009

I may have blown it pushing for more pushups too soon

I have to say that I was pretty stoked with my recent increase in the number of pushups I can do. I went from basically nothing, to 25 within a few days. And then I had to try to do even more that last day and did another 25 on top of that. It may have been too much, and too fast. Friday, I tried again, and I could only do 10. Today, I tried and could only do 7. What is up with this?

I guess I overdid it. Maybe I should have been content with doing them every other day, or stayed at the same counts for a couple of days before increasing the numbers. It felt OK when I was doing it though. Now it feels like I am crashing again.

2 comments:

  1. You are probably just sore and the muscle is tired, since it hadn't been getting much work. You have to think of it like a kid learning to walk. A little bit every day goes a long way. Other wise, they can get overwhelmed and give up. I'd say, give it a week to rest, then go again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. You are probably right. I just overwhelmed the system. It is funny that the websites suggest that recovery happens. But there is nothing about how that happens, and how you should know when to push your body, or lay off and let it rest.

    ReplyDelete