Thursday, September 24, 2009

Now what? One more pushup update: 25?

Today, I really did not know if I would even try to do any pushups. I was almost afraid that I would fail to do more than a few. And, my muscles in upper arms and chest area and around my lower back were sore. I figured that part was probably a good thing. It meant I was actually forcing muscle back into use that in some cases may not have been used in three or four years at least.

Imagine my surprise when I got up to 25. I do not even remember the last time I could do 25 pushups. It may have been back in High School when we had to do exercise as a part of our PE classes.

What is there to learn in this? Never give up!

If I had just sat around thinking I was weak, and my muscles were not going to recover a bit of strength, then that would become my reality. It would have been easy to just let myself waste away into nothing. But, it feels a lot better to know at least some of my strength is back. How long this will last is still a mystery. Since my doctors at this point have little if any input to my long term health related to NA/HNA- I have to take care of it myself.

DO NOT GIVE IN TO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment